Assistance for Homebuyers in the Region
Regional Homebuyer Assistance Programs
Learn more about the current status of several local and regional resources for first time homebuyers looking to purchase in Nevada County, Placer County and/or the Town of Truckee by following the links below.
- Nevada County: HOME Down Payment Assistance Program
- Placer County: First Time Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance Program
- Town of Truckee: First-Time Homebuyer Program – BEGIN Reuse Funds
- First-Time Homebuyer Program – Cal Home Reuse Funds
- GSFA (Golden State Finance Authority) Down Payment Assistance
- CA Housing Community Development Department (HCD) Mobile Home Fee Waiver Program
Local Down Payment Assistance Programs
Martis Fund Homebuyer Assistance Program, managed by the Sierra Business Council, has set aside $500,000 in loans for homebuyers working in Placer County east of Donner Summit or in the Town of Truckee.
Since 2016, the Martis Fund has invested $1.2 million into a Down Payment Assistance Program. This program allows local families who are interested in purchasing a home within the TTUSD school district by assisting with the down payment. To date, this program has resulted in providing 32 families who live and work in our region with down payment assistance financing. This program provides up to 10% of the loan and no more than $50,000 for the down payment.
For more information about the program please contact Sierra Business Council, DPAP Program Administrator, Gina Jones at email@example.com.