Regional Housing Programs
Placer County offers help with rent to low and very low-income families, people with disabilities, and seniors.
There are several regional programs designed to assist with utility payments:
- Project GO Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP): Provides financial assistance in the form of an annual (once every 12 months) utility payment for gas, electric, propane or firewood to help with the high costs of heating and/or cooling.
- Project GO Emergency Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP): Provides financial assistance in the event of a crisis, such as a 48-hour shut-off notice.
- Truckee Donner Public Utility District (TDPUD) Energy Savings Program (ESP): Qualifies low-income TDPUD electricity payer to receive one month’s electricity bill free (up to $200) after completing an energy audit with TDPUD. Apply through the Sierra Community House (call 530-587-2513).
Home Rehabilitation Assistance
Home Rehabilitation/Health and Safety Repairs Assistance: If you are a low-income or senior homeowner in the region, you may apply for financial assistance with health and safety repairs.
- Nevada Co. Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program: Assists low-income homeowners in unincorporated Nevada County with 15-year deferred payment loans to make health and safety repairs to their homes. Maximum amount of assistance is $33,000.
- Placer Co. State and Federal Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program: Provides low-interest loans to low-income households in unincorporated areas of Placer County to rehabilitate their homes. The County’s primary emphasis is in correcting health and safety issues.
- Housing Rehabilitation USDA Grant & Loan Program: Provides low-interest (1%) loans of up to $20,000 to low-income homeowners to make needed repairs or improvements. Those 62 or older may qualify for a one time grant of up to $7,500 to remove health or safety hazards.
Project GO Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP): Provides free weatherization services and products to improve energy efficiency and reduce overall utility costs anywhere in the region.
GSFA (Golden State Finance Authority) Residential Energy Retrofit Program: Provides financing up to $50,000 with a 6.5% fixed interest rate, 15-year fully amortizing loan for homeowners making energy efficiency improvements to residential property(ies) they own. 100% financing is available and no equity requirements on property.